It's been many years with the graphic unchanged and along the way we have been continuously improving small details. The adjustment clips have gone through a big evolution to prevent the corrosion that affected them (we had to chrome plate the 316SS pins!), and the clip bodies were made stronger as well.
Small adjustments to the layup and material specs were made for the Race 190-240, and for this year, there is a wide tail slalom version of the Slalom 170-230 (the tail piece retrofits both the Wave 170 and 140). The new grip design is a 'statement' for 2012, and also has less pieces and a slightly harder character to improve durability.
So the boom is 'new' in a sense, but it is still the same old super strong, stiff, perfectly shaped one you might have known before.
Using moulds developed and owned by MauiSails, and designs with unique bends and diameters, assures that our full range of carbon booms is exclusive to MauiSails in every regard. All plastic parts are designed, developed, and molded to create these special products, the recognized highest standard of carbon booms in the windsurfing industry today.
Huge steam heated press moulds are the core of the complex process. These state-of-the-art carbon booms are formed using pre-preg carbon fiber to produce the best weight to stiffness possible in composite carbon construction. The tested and proven proprietary frontend is designed to perfectly mate with the 40mm diameter monocoque boom arm. Each boom size is purpose specific, from the Carbon Race 250-310 with large diameter tubes and continuous tail piece with built-in adjustable outhaul pulley system, to the Wave 140 with full length 30mm grip for super hand comfort and control.
- High Stiffness to Weight with double tapered tubes. Race booms are 40mm at the front and back, with 35mm diameter backends, and are the stiffest in the industry.
- 50 - 60 cm length adjustment covers a large number of sail sizes.
- Smaller 30mm diameter of the wave booms makes for comfortable grip.
- Monocoque Construction in Pre-Preg Carbon for maximum stiffness and durability.
- Efficient energy Transfer with MauiSails designed Front End configured for Formula Race Boom performance and available on all MauiSails booms.
- MauiSails Front End designed for easy on / easy off function.
- Boom adjustment clip bodies modified for greater durability and strength.
- MauiSails Front End features 25% more surface contact (120mm) with mast to reduce stress on mast connection with zero slippage.
- Included Adjustable Outhaul kits and Wide Tail backend with Race booms and Carbon Slalom 170.
- Redesigned Double Pin Rear End Clips increase durability, stiffness and torsion rigidity.
- Molded Precision produces perfect tolerance between the Boom Body and Rear End for smooth and easy adjustment.
- High Performance grip surface is durable and easy on the hands.
- TEAM tested and approved Boom Arm Curves and Overall Width (Arm to Arm distance) maximizes sail performance.
The MauiSails boom front end is easy to use and requires only light clamping pressure to prevent slipping on the mast.
TOO MUCH PRESSURE
can break the clamping flap where the rope is
hooked. The rope should be 4mm Marlow Pre-stretched if possible. Do not
use larger than 4mm line for the clamping rope.
When applying closing pressure use only enough to stop sliding on the mast.
Boom sizes : Carbon Wave 130 - 180, Carbon Wave 140 - 200, Carbon Wave 170 - 230, Carbon Slalom 170 - 230, Carbon Race 190 - 240, Carbon Race 230 - 290, Carbon Race 250 - 310
Check out other MauiSails booms :
Performance Aluminum Boom | Carbon Booms | MauiSails Boom Front End