The result is a perfectly balanced, meticulously refined machine. The moderately forward oriented draft eases transitions perfectly from driving bottom turns to correctly neutral when coming off the top. The excellent combination of balanced power and incredible high end control optimizes the smooth, light handling even in the most gnarly, gusty, offshore conditions. The Legend's great control expands its popularity from side shore wave conditions to super high wind areas like the Gorge or Pozo, where overpowered handling is key.
New for 2013, is the extensive use of exclusive MauiSails™ light weight gradient X-Ply™ in the upper sail body. This custom material has excellent strength to weight properties and produces an original gradient effect that ties in with new bright colors to make the Legend stand out on the water like never before. This material is the result of several years of development and long term testing of our special Small Yarn Light Film laminate type. Two custom weights of Visual X-Ply in the window area match their loads for perfect tension.
The bits and pieces:
- Custom lightweight Gradient x-ply (SmallYarn/Light Film) laminate SYLF ... an imaginary being inhabiting the air
- Low profile polycarbonate batten tensioners with stainless steel screws
- INOX clew rings
- Finest U.S. manufactured laminates from Dimension Sailcloth
- Extra-wide Mark cloth window perimeter reinforcement
- Durable but lightweight padded tack protection
- Brass wheel triple pulley for easy rigging
- Unidirectional Kevlar™ reinforcement structure on all edges, batten pocket seams for non-stretch stability
- Square cut boom opening to maximize height range
- Molded PVC seam and foot protection
Available sail sizes » 2.9, 3.3, 3.5, 3.7, 4.0, 4.2, 4.5, 4.7, 5.0, 5.3, 5.7, 6.1