Mutate Now! Avoid the rush
The Mutant is our newest and most progressive wave sail. It stretches any conventional thinking with an ultra-low aspect ratio and wind range unheard of in four-batten sails of any kind. The Mutant combines soft, light handling and playful maneuverability with balanced power and stability. The shaping and body tension of the sail have been conceived to match the short outline which keeps the sail composed in a huge range of conditions. The Mutant planes on a size smaller than normal, while remaining light and in control on the top end. The reduced rotational inertia of the ultra-compact outline and the ability to use a smaller size drives the insane maneuverability and facilitates looping and modern wave maneuvers. Sizes from 3.8 to 5.1 fit on a 370 mast or alternately the 3.8 and 4.2 also perform on a 340. The largest 5.6 size requires a 400.
The Mutant’s layout and construction is based on using the best materials for light weight and durability. Generous use of ultra-light and strong Technora™ scrim in the upper sail body, bomber 5-mil X-Ply™ along the leech and foot, and an oversize optical X-Ply™ window in two custom thicknesses all add to the durability and value. The name and graphics of the Mutant are inspired by the idea the sail should feel so light and natural it is like an evolved wing that is actually part of you.
The bits and pieces:
- Low profile batten tensioners with stainless steel screws
- INOX clew rings
- Finest U.S. manufactured laminates from Dimension Sailcloth
- ODL04 Technora™
- Ultr-light batten pockets
- Extra-wide Mark cloth window perimeter reinforcement
- Durable but lightweight padded tack protection
- Brass wheel triple pulley for easy rigging
- Unidirectional Kevlar™ reinforcement structure on all edges, batten pocket seams for non-stretch stability
- Square cut boom opening to maximize height range
- Molded PVC seam and foot protection
Available sail sizes » 3.8, 4.2, 4.6, 5.1, 5.6