The TR-2 is the logical evolution of MauiSails' competition race sails. Years of experience and testing produced this thoroughbred, with sometimes only small refinements required to make big gains.
Team Race 2 - What's new?
Balanced batten loading (BBL) - This newly developed race sail with alternate batten pockets on each side of the sail starting at the foot batten on the starboard side and moving up to next batten on the port side, alternating all the way to the top batten. This BBL produces more speed, more balanced rotation and cam pressure equally both on port and starboard tacks.
Shape refinement - We have learned that having a deep, powerful shape in the lower sections, combined with solid resistance to rotation keeps the sail powering in lulls and develops acceleration. The TR-2 has evolved shaping that is rounding the entry curves in a way that forces the depth forward creates better cam rotation and stops the draft from moving back in that full part of the sail.
Easy rigging - To facilitate rigging of the larger sails with the cams off method, we have added zipper slots and attached the cams to the sail. Now you can rig comfortably without having to crease the sail and ease pushing the cam onto the mast.
Better construction - We added more material structure to the tack and head finish that gives the sail a stronger and smoother finish.
New Batten tensioner - Metal screw fitting and more refined batten tensioner ensure easy and faultless adjustment of the battens.
AIR 7 STANDARD
Our manufacturing system is unique in the industry for its accuracy in reproduction. The AIR-7 standard guarantees that the sail that is produced is exactly what we have designed and developed.
- All panels and the sleeve go from design to plotting direct from digital data.
- All panels have plotted assembly lines to insure perfect and accurate sticking of the entire sail.
- All panels in woven dacron materials are plotted and cut with a laser, which assures top accuracy while heat sealing the edges of the panels.
- When there are multiple panel sections in a subassembly routine, the pieces are assembled and glued over plotted full size assembly templates.
- All panels are assembled with glue material formulated for the adhesive requirements.
- All batten pockets are stuck to the sail body over a full length mold form to guarantee straightness in the curved application.
- The sail body is tensioned to a measured load before sleeve attachment to assure smoothness in the rigged form.
TR-2's unique Character
- Perfection and smooth sailing.
- Bottom end glide.
- Top end control and effortless acceleration
- Racing winning performance.
Slalom and Freeride: 90 -130 litres
Race and Formula: 110-160 litres