The TR-4 is the result of careful evolution of Dynamic Skin Tension and being able to further apply it to improve race performance.
For 2008, the TR-4 is focusing on refinements in the luff curve to affect the leading edge and the dynamic relationship to the body tension. This results in a TR-4 that is lighter in the hands, faster, and quicker out of the turns with better low end torque. These are all the attributes necessary to win races and push the speed envelope.
NEW Technical Features for the TR-4 ’08
- New sleeve XPly™ for lighter weight
- Evolved luff curve and integrated body shaping increase top end speed and stability.
- Redesigned camber inducers
- New batten tensioners
- Easy Loop clew fitting for adjustable outhaul compatibility.
- Leech protection at trailing edge of batten pockets.
- Tough uphaul hole and tack handle.
- Sealed sleeve openings to keep out sand and water
- Batten chafe protector to stop chafing on the boom
- Board chafe protector on the lower mast sleeve
TR-4 Board Recommendations
- High Performance Slalom Boards: 90 - 120 Litres
- High Performance Giant Slalom Boards: 110 - 130 Litres
- Formula Boards: 135 + Litres
Helpful rigging TIPS
- Tension all the battens before first rigging the sail to remove all wrinkles.
- Make sure your 2-pc. is fully connected at the joint.
- Make sure all the zippers are closed when inserting the mast.
- After putting the cams on, before downhauling, close the zips
- Fold up the fairing at the base to make it easier to thread the downhaul.