2013 Ghost XT
Side-shore light-weight wave sail
Our highly successful, ultra-light GhostXT returns for a fourth season, lighter than ever. Increased use of Technora™, strategic trimming of patches, reduction in the number of seams, and attention to small details of finish all reduced the weight.
Durability has been 100% maintained with ODL04 Technora™ now proving its worth through seasons of use. The GhostXT is leaner and meaner than ever. After many requests we also added a 4.2 design to the GhostXT range.
Fine tuned on a parallel path to the Legend but adapted to the ultra-light laminate scrim materials, the Ghosts incredible “barely there” handling, perfect balance and stability are the ultimate in wave performance.
The bits and pieces:
- Low profile batten tensioners with stainless steel screws
- INOX clew rings
- Finest U.S. manufactured laminates from Dimension Sailcloth
- ODL04 Technora™
- Ultra-light batten pockets
- Extra-wide Mark cloth window perimeter reinforcement
- Minimized for function padded tack protection
- Brass wheel triple pulley for easy rigging
- Unidirectional Kevlar™ reinforcement structure on all edges, batten pocket seams for non-stretch stability
- Square cut boom opening to maximize height range
- Molded PVC seam and foot protection.
What is Technora™
Technora™ is a very strong and light para-aramid fiber. Its tensile strength to weight ratio is 3x greater than that of fiberglass, polyester or nylon yarns which are other common fibres used in laminate sail cloth. Technora™ also has excellent fatigue resistance which means that it holds up very well to repeated loading, flexing, abrasion and UV. The Technora™ laminate cloth used in the GHOSTXT provides the ultimate in light weight and stability with good durability.