Working closely with Taty Frans on the Locos is a happy cooperation. We experiment based on his recommendations, and then depend on his feedback to keep the sails on the cutting edge of the rapidly evolving freestyle discipline.
Only a Master Trickster can truly define the tools needed to do the wild and crazy stuff. Freestyle may be the greatest design challenge of them all because the demands on the sails to do more and more specific tricks are defining the outcome of project, but the result is worth the work.
We have tuned the shaping and luff curves to improve leech tension, making the sails even more responsive and further increasing the “pop” factor that the Loco is known for. The Locos instant acceleration, light handling and reactivity encourage you to try new stuff. Returning to the use of more film material in the upper sail body has been a request of the riders looking for the absolute in crisp, reactive rigs. Added colors fit with the radical performances and attract the spectator's eye.
The bits and pieces:
- Low profile batten tensioners with stainless steel screws
- INOX clew rings
- Finest U.S. manufactured laminates from Dimension Sailcloth
- Durable but lightweight padded tack protection
- Brass wheel triple pulley for easy rigging
- Unidirectional Kevlar™ reinforcement structure on all edges, batten pocket seams for non-stretch stability
- Square cut boom opening to maximize height range
- Extra-wide Mark cloth window perimeter reinforcement
- Molded PVC seam and foot protection