On-shore power wave sail
The Global is all about maximum power with shape and skin tension optimized for onshore and side-onshore conditions.
The Global's solid stability and powerful acceleration help to make the most of whatever conditions your local spot throws at you, helping you to stay upwind and punch out through rough whitewater. We maintained full power and improved the handling by reducing boom length slightly and moderately raising the foot, making it an even more versatile performer. This year, the Global also features extensive use of our new Small Yarn Light Film color gradient x-ply and a third color in the expressive graphic.
The bits and pieces:
- Custom lightweight Gradient X-ply (SmallYarn/Light Film) laminate SYLF ... an imaginary being inhabiting the air
- Low profile batten tensioners with stainless steel screws
- INOX clew rings
- Finest U.S. manufactured laminates from Dimension Sailcloth
- Extra-wide Mark cloth window perimeter reinforcement
- Durable but lightweight padded tack protection
- Brass wheel triple pulley for easy rigging
- Unidirectional Kevlar™ reinforcement structure on all edges, batten pocket seams for non-stretch stability
- Square cut boom opening to maximize height range
- Molded PVC seam and foot protection