The 2007 MauiSails Switch is the sail of choice for the widest range of windsurfing experiences. It excels in the exciting competition format of Super-X, but will satisfy the desire for a modern freeride sail.
It has the performance to thrill any sailor interested in flat out speed, and the perfect rig tension and balance to execute loops, duck jibes, and chop hopping Spocks.
Kevin's first win in a Super-X event prompted him to say that the 2007 Switch was everything he asked for at the end of last season. The specific performance characteristics he wanted included top speed and control in manoeuvres, stable tube/rod battens for stability and ease of handling. A powerful outline with a straighter leech develops acceleration and the low end necessary for smooth beach starts.
Materials are chosen for maximum stability and durability as necessary. The unusual graphic blends with rugged edge plies to guarantee the best combination of weight and strength without compromise in performance.
The Switch is ideally suited for use with MauiSails SRS Carbon 75 or SRS Carbon 55 Masts. We also tested the SRS RDM's with impressive success.
NEW Technical Features for 2007
- Lightweight polycarbonate batten tensioners with stainless steel adjuster screws.
- PVC Leech protectors (ends of batten pockets).
- Tough uphaul and tack handle abrasion resistant detail
- High tear strength clew construction
- New 7.5 sails size
Switch events results
- 1st Super-X PWA Costa Brava - Kevin Pritchard
- 7th Super-X PWA Costa Brava - Taty Frans
- 3rd Super-X PWA Lanzarote - Kevin Pritchard
- 8th Super-X PWA Lanzarote - Taty Frans